Abree LOVES to act big. She's always saying things like, "Mom, I'll be the mom and you can be the kid." She also loves to boss her older siblings around, especially Treyson. I think she thinks he needs a second mom.
Abree and I hang out a lot. We're buddies. She runs errands, shops, cleans, emails and blogs with me. I have to admit, I'm not a very good, "get on the floor and play with my kid" mom. (I actually feel a little guilty as I'm typing this...but will that change my behavior?...I don't know.) So she's created her own way to "play" with me. She sets up her Barbies, babies or office, next to me and interacts, asks questions and non-stop talks to me, while I'm on the computer or going about my business. She's always telling me what to say to her babies or Barbies. Like, "Mom, tell them I'm going to the store and I'll be right back." So I'll say my line and she'll continue play. Then she'll say, "Mom say, 'The kids were good for me, while you were gone.' " And so on and so forth.
Recently, she's set up her "office" next to my computer. She'll find some sort of surface and some sort of chair and do her "work". She likes using the calculator for her computer and usually has her camera and cell phone close by. She also LOVES to draw, color or write. She shows me all the letters she knows how to write and how she spells Abree. The letters I can decode usually are; A, e, e. She hasn't gotten the b or r down yet. She also LOVES any type of little paper scrap. If I'm doing a project, she's always asking if she can have the scraps. Then she creates cute little masterpieces for me and daddy.
She's generally a sweet, content little girl and usually doesn't mind "playing" my way. Thanks for being my buddy Abree! I love you!
PS-She likes to do her own hair and sometimes doesn't allow me to have a turn. This is one of those days. :o)
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Abree 3 yrs old, going on 13...or should I say 30!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Don't feel bad. If she is learning how to write her name, your a way better mom than me! I don't take the time to do that, Jarin learns his letters from the "Super Why" TV show! Of course, what's the most important is that she know to have the cell phone and camera close by - what a good girl!
That is adorable!
I am impressed that she is content with s separate work space. Even if I set up a space for my kids they still think my spot is WAAAAAAYYYYYY better!
Post a Comment