Saturday, June 21, 2008

Six, Seven, Eight or 6/7/08

Amber and Brinton were married on June 7, 2008 in the Boise, Id temple. It was a neat experience to have all of us in the temple together. I think it may have been the first time that we were all there. All siblings plus mom and dad.
Mr. and Mrs. Brinton Croff!



Getting all of the little ones together for a picture is nearly impossible... especially around nap time. We tried though.



The reception was held in Tim and Karen's back yard. We cleared out the last bay of their garage, put down a runner, set up some tables for gifts and the guest book and put a few pictures on the wall. Amber was pretty relaxed about the whole thing, so she was easy to please.
Guests greeted the parents and new couple under a canopy, then we had tables set up in the grass for brownie sundae enjoyment. (Amber and Brinton decided they didn't really want to serve cake and thought that a brownie sundae would be good on a warm June day.) Brinton's sisters, mom and aunts made the brownie topping table look beautiful...so many choices and pretty decorations.
The weather was great. It was overcast for nice pictures, but no rain. By the evening, it had warmed up, but there was a little breeze to keep things just right. (I wasn't loving the wind when we were tryting to get tableclothes on the tables though. Nothing that a little tape didn't fix!)

Hi, I'm Amber's cousin Chanel.
More cousins, Ciarran and Collin.
The lovely reception host's Tim and Karen.
Distinguished guests, Candice and Nan. Kitchen worker Micaela.
The new couple before the reception events begin.

The contraversial cake. Amber and Brinton didn't really want a cake. I thought every wedding reception needed a cake. So here's the result.
The guest sign-in book. Amber made it as a little scrapbook. It was really cute. It had facts,dates and pictures from their dating/engagement time. It was fun to see the comparison of their first kiss according to Brinton and first kiss according to Amber... way different dates. Also the interesting fact about the first "I love You". Brinton was the first to say it and Amber followed about a month behind. It was a really clever way to combine your guests at the reception and fun facts. How many of you ever get out your reception guest book and look at the names? I'm guessing rarely. Amber and Brinton can put theirs on the coffee table and enjoy it all the time. Great idea Amber!

Happy Honeymoon!
The car looked cute until the whipcream started melting down the windows.

4 comments:

A*Waite said...

How fun! Thanks for all of the work you put into our wedding. It was a perfect day. Fun to see the car before it turned into a gooey drippy mess!
Amber

Nicky said...

Casual and fun - isn't that the way a reception should be?! We had brownies and icecream at our reception too, and it was great! Wish I had thought to not need the fancy cake tho' - great idea!

Lisa said...

It looks like a fun, fun day. Alisha- your family looks so great. Seeing that picture of all of you at the temple made me really miss seeing you every week! It's been so long. . .

Tiffany Hales said...

Thanks for posting pictures and info about the wedding1 I wanted to read and see all about it, since I couldn't attend!