Friday, June 5, 2009

Annual Family Yard Sale

Every summer, our family gets together for a yard sale. We sell a lot of stuff, and do a little junk-swapping among ourselves as well. Tim and Karen were are lovely yard sale hosts this year.
(This is the first year I've remembered to take pictures. I usually get too busy and forget.) I didn't have anything in the actual yard sale this year. I had given too much away to the ARC. So our contribution was the Bake Sale. As you can see, we are our own best customers. Treyson had earned a dollar and had to spend it right away.
Rylee liked to be at the money collection table. Taylee wanted to be in charge of the Bake Sale money. Treyson wanted to eat the Bake Sale items and drink the lemonade. Abree played with cousins and tattle on Treyson for eating the Bake Sale items.
Posted by Picasa
The kids earned enough to go see the movie, "Up!" in 3-D.
(It's expensive to see current movies now days...especially in 3-D!)

4 comments:

KarenWaite said...

Good documenting! I love that picture of Katelyn...so cute!

Megan said...

Looks like fun! Wish I lived closer. We try to get out to yard sales on Saturday mornings! Fun Fun!!

Nicky said...

We REALLY need to have one of those garage sales at our house. Either that or take a match to our house and start over (not really, but you know what I mean). It's amazing how much junk we accumulate.

kura2025 said...

Yay for ARC! My department has done projects for them in the past but the Utah chapter closed recently. Sad day. The garage sale is a great idea! Great way to declutter annually.