Monday, September 14, 2009

Paper

I have a TON of paper floating around my house; bills, junk mail, good mail, a gazillion kid drawings, receipts, coupons, newspapers, magazines, cards, scrapbook paper, lists, more lists and...... children's school papers.
School papers..... I never know quite where to put them or what to do with them. I know some of them are important. I know some of them I'll need. I know some of them I'll even want, down the road. But there are SO MANY of them. Sometimes I try to ignore them, but that doesn't help, it just makes things worse. We've never had a good system or a good place to put them.
Then I had an idea (not an original idea).....
What if I made a clipboard, for each of my children, to put their permission slips, upcoming projects, reading logs, teacher contact information, etc. on?
It's worth a try.
I decided instead of me having all the fun, why not involve my kids and let them choose the papers, stickers, embellishments, ribbons, etc. Being the perfectionist I am (I guess that's what you could call it), it was hard to let go of all the creative control. I found myself micro-managing... ok, taking control every once in a while. Sorry guys.Blayke came over to join in all the fun.
It was kinda messy. Lots of scrapbook paper, ribbon and goo... oh, I mean Mod Podge.
It was a fairly simple project, but required some precise cutting and skillful Mod Podging, as to get the least bubbling possible.
"I LOVE projects!"
Blayke's
(Notice Abree's has already been well-loved. There's purple marker and pencil all over it.)
Now the question is.... Where do I hang them????

4 comments:

Martha said...

Very cute. I understand about the creative control thing. I sometimes feel that way too. :)

Arianne said...

those are really cute!

Mamma Meg said...

Great idea, I really struggle with all the PAPER as well. They all look so cute too!

A*Waite said...

Hang them in your mud room, or in your cupboard where they all have their baskets. Or in the room with the piano.