Last Saturday, we had 2 parties to attend... our annual neighborhood Halloween party and the ward's Trunk or Treat. I had been working on Taylee and Abree's costumes, but hadn't completed them yet, so Saturday was the day. I spent all morning working on them... all morning and into the afternoon that is.
Treyson's the "Human Torch" from the Fantastic 4. --He begged to use one of the costumes from my collection (I usually sell Halloween costumes on Craigslist and children's consignment sales each year.). It was so nice not to have to worry about making his...why don't I just do this every year..for ALL my kids???
Taylee always likes to have a unique costume. We thought of several ideas this year; cupcake, jellyfish, mermaid, etc., but ended up with a ham and swiss cheese sandwich. --I loved how the sandwich stuffing's turned out, but would have done the bread differently, if I had the time. One kid commented (at the trunk or treat) that she looked like a Pop Tart...and from the back she really did. :)
Rylee wanted to be a "sleepover girl". Because I was involved with getting the other costumes finished and really didn't have the time or energy to push for something else, I agreed. She was probably the most comfortable and warmest out of all of us. She even wore her thick, comfy robe for added warmth.
--Her friend Lessa was a "Dalek" (pronounced doll-ick). 50 points, to the first person who knows what a Dalek is. I had no idea, but it sure was a cool costume.
Our ward party was fun. We ate hot dogs, chips and homemade root beer, while listening to Halloweeny music.. "Scooby Dooby Doo, where are you? You've got some work to do now...". Another well-done job from our activities committee.
No comments:
Post a Comment