Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Overboard???

When planning a party, I find myself wanting to go ALL OUT.....maybe even a little overboard. This may be the case with this little project. You be the judge.
I purchased King-sized white sheets, second-hand, for about $1 each. I waited until there was no snow on the ground, no rain in the forecast and no one home (except for Abree). Then, I snuck out to the back yard (while she was distracted with a friend) and tacked the sheets up to our fence, using push pins. Next, I got out my paint and went to work.


I splattered, I spattered and drizzled and dotted to my hearts content. Then I crossed my fingers and hoped they would dry before the kids got home from school and Jason got home from work.(They were mostly dry when I folded them and put them away.)
Abree did actually catch me and ask what I was doing. I played dumb, to no avail.

She said, "Are these for dad's 80's surprise party?"

What?! Where did she hear that? Did I spill the beans unconsciously?

I said, "What are you talking about?"

She said, "Oh yeah. Shhhhhh."


Voila!

I used these sheets as a backdrop for 80's couples pictures and for covering couches and tables at the party. What's more 80's than a paint spattered sheet?



Ok, tell me. Overboard or a total 80's necessity?

4 comments:

KarenWaite said...

Necessity. ;) They turned out looking GREAT, too! I'm excited to see the rest of your 80's party blogs!

(Cute invitations, too!)

Lora Dawn said...

Perfect decor.
And getting to splat and splatter in the back yard would have been a party all on its own.

A*Waite said...

Did you have fun getting your splatter on?

Mamma Meg said...

Looks just like my favorite shirt...from 1985.