Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dancin' Queen

Recently, Taylee has been excited about participating in many different activities and clubs. She's in 'Paws'itive Panthers (a school service club), Basketball and Dance Club.
Dance Club met after school, twice a week, for approximately 30 minutes. They learned some basic dance moves and then put them into routines for a performance.
Thursday was their performance. Three small groups and one big group danced. Taylee was in the big group. She was excited to show off what she had learned. The music was catchy and the moves were cute. (I can't get one of the songs out of my head!)
It was fun to have Grandma McKinley, Tim, Karen, Audrey, Katelyn and Sydney there to watch. Jason was also able to get off work early enough to catch Taylee's performance. (Candice & family was there in spirit too).
If she didn't show her gratitude or tell you thank you, I want you to know that she really did appreciate you being there. Thanks for your support.... and for sitting on the hard gym floor. ;)
This is Miss Holden. She is Taylee's student-teacher in the classroom right now, along with being one of the dance teachers. I spoke to her after the performance and she had several complimentary things to say about Taylee. She said Taylee was a very sweet girl. She also said that she was a great communicator/deep thinker and that she could see her being a leader of some sort of movement or good cause.
I told her how we thought we had named her appropriately, Taylee ROSE. She loves Mother Earth, is a little "granola-ish" and almost always 'stops to smell the roses'. She's our groovy girl, born in the wrong era.

This is the other student-teacher Miss Balentine. I appreciate that she and Miss Holden, took time after school, to teach these girls and give them a fun experience.

Thank goodness for good teachers!!!

2 comments:

Lora Dawn said...

I loved seeing Taylee displaying her new interest and skill. Groovin' to the music! I'm glad she is willing to try lots of new things.

A*Waite said...

Fun, I would have loved to do a dance class in elementary school. I am glad she has good teachers too!

And to think that the student teachers probably did it all out of the goodness of their heart!