Saturday, February 19, 2011

Blue & Gold Banquet

It was that time of year again.... time for the Cub Scout Blue & Gold Banquet.

This year the cub scouts were asked to make and decorate a cake with their dad. The theme for the cake; "something you like to do outdoors".

Jason and Treyson decided to make a fishing cake. Treyson helped to frost the cake, then sprinkled on the green coconut for grass. Jason did the placement of candy rocks, characters and trees.
Treyson was proud of their creation.
He asked, "Do you think it will win, Mom?"
Me- "Were you making it to win... or making it to have fun with dad?"

T-"Well, I was just asking if you thought our's COULD win."

Me-"I hope you had fun with dad and that it's yummy to eat."
T- "I know I didn't make it to win, but do you think it COULD win?"
Me-"I hope you had fun.... no matter what."
Of course he was making it to WIN! :)
These poor fishermen were not having very good luck that day. One guy's line is caught in the tree, another guy caught an old tire and the 2 stormtroopers got their lines tangled! Look at the fish, they're just taunting them...and some are swimming upstream. :)

Each cake was given a voting cup. Cub Scout families got to cast 3 votes per person, by putting "Cub Bucks" in the cup of the cakes they liked most. Treyson hovered around the cake table, watching his cup fill with "Cub Bucks".
In the end, there was no 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, etc. the Cub Scouts just got to keep the "Cub Bucks" to use at the "Cub Store".
Whew! so glad he didn't have to WIN... to win. :)
We enjoyed a nice dinner of BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, chips and salad.
That night, about 15+ boys received awards/advancements!
Treyson earned his BEAR badge. Now he has the next 5 months to work on his arrow points... then onto Webelos (sp?).
It was a fun night.
A big Thank You to our great Cub Scout leaders.

4 comments:

Lora Dawn said...

I love the details on the cake.
What a super son and dad with their creative juices flowing.
Treyson, I vote that it is a
"winner" cake!

Tiffany Hales said...

Yay for treyson, his cake looks AWESOME!

A*Waite said...

I love your cake Treyson! I bet you earned lots of bucks!!

jwilson said...

That is an awesome cake!
I like the idea of "cub bucks". I passed it on to Richard.