Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Sterling!

One year ago, Sterling made his surprise arrival, 6 weeks early.

Did I get that right Amber?

He was tiny, but healthy.

Today he is a typical, healthy, one year old that melts my heart whenever he giggles or bursts into a huge smile.

Amber did such a good job with all his party details. Everything turned out so cute!
She made these photo canvas' by using a blank canvas, a photo printed on tissue paper and Mod Podge. They turned out nice. So fun to see his growth from infant to big one year old boy.

The S was cut and shaped out of cereal boxes. Then she paper mache and painted it white. Looks like something you could purchase at Hobby Lobby doesn't it?

She made the message board from a Dollar Store silver tray and chalkboard paint. So clever.

The party theme was circus monkey... heavy on the monkey, light on the circus. :)


Sterling's monkey cake turned out soo cute!

The cupcakes were adorable too.

Can you tell I helped with the 1 shirt... looks kinda familiar doesn't it??? :)



Amber made his monkey hat out of old wool sweaters. I LOVE how it turned out. Nice job.


When it was present time, Sterling didn't know what all the fuss was about.

Daisylyn however LOVED present time and couldn't wait to SHARE Sterling's gifts.

Sterling was super patient and happy. What a sweet boy.
Cake time!

Yummmm, chocolate.



When the GO was given, the kids descended upon the candy and dessert table like vultures... and so did some of the adults. :)

I also helped with the pennant banner hanging above the table. We made it out of red/white striped fabric and ribbon. Turned out great.


Sterling, we're so glad that you are a part of our family.

Happy Birthday Big Boy!

Love you.


PS- It was actually Jackson's birthday (Sterling's was the next day),but he had celebrated with friends earlier and graciously let Sterling have the spotlight. Happy 7th Birthday Jackson!

2 comments:

Lora Dawn said...

I LOVE all these pictures!

I just got home from Sterling's home. He's snoozin'

And I got to notice that it was 11:11pm on 11-11-11. Time to do my once-in-a-century dance!

A*Waite said...

That was such a fun party for me. Thanks for helping me on some of the decorations and details.