Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

As Valentine's Day approached, I asked my kids if they wanted to make or buy valentines for their classmates/friends. They said they wanted to make them.




I pinned my heart out on Pinterest and found several I thought would be fun. But of course we didn't actually sit down to make them until.... the night before!



"I'm WILD about you Valentine!"


The original idea used little plastic animals, but I couldn't find any at the Dollar Store, so we went with iced animal cookies instead.





"STUCK on you Valentine!"


What kid doesn't like Band-aids? We bought some super hero band-aids for the boys and rainbow colored ones for the girls.






"Valentine you are the BOMB!"


I didn't think this one through, unit AFTER I had sent them to school. I wondered if I would be receiving a phone call from the principal letting me know that our valentines were inappropriate because of the NO tolerance (of weapons) policy at school. --Oops. No phone calls. Whew.


The kids picked what kind they wanted to give to each one of their classmates/friends. Rylee and Taylee even joined us and gave some to their friends too.









I wanted to do something special for Jason, so I came up with the idea to make his Valentine's gift last ALL DAY long. On the hour, he got to open a bag. In the bag were treats and a quality/thing I love about him.



Our kids are quite independent when it comes to getting ready for school and making their own lunches, but I wanted to do something special for them for Valentine's Day. So I made each one of them a lunch, including a treat and note from me wishing them a Happy Valentine's Day.




PS- Abree and Treyson reported that the Band-aid valentines were possibly confusing to their classmates.


Treyson reported that one of the kids said, "Seriously...a Band-aid???"


Abree reported that a girl in her class, wrote in her daily journal, that the worst valentine she got was a Band-aid.

Abree said, "Don't you get it? It says 'I'm STUCK on you Valentine'."

"Ohhhh, I see."

Then the girl quickly took it out of the package and put in on...even though she wasn't hurt.


See? She really did love it... she just didn't know it.

No comments: