Friday, July 27, 2012

Taylee the Baker, Maker and Cake Decor-a-ter

Taylee said to me, "I wish I could make and decorate a cake for someone."
(I'm guessing she secretly would have liked to have made/decorated Treyson's cake.)
I suggested she call Candice and offer her services for Levi's upcoming birthday party.
She didn't call.

Then as Candice and I were texting later on that week, she mentioned Levi's cake and not being excited about making it. I told her what Taylee said to me and offered her services. She thought that sounded like a great idea... an answer to her prayers. :) 
Later that day, she asked Taylee to make a CARS cake, like one she had seen on Pinterest. Taylee was sooo excited!
The morning of the party, Taylee got to work.

Taylee did the bulk of the cake, but I have to admit I jumped in a few times..just couldn't resist so much fun.
Taylee couldn't wait to use this sugar paper. It worked perfect for the checkered sides.

Look what I made!
The finished cake on location with Lightening McQueen candle.
Nice job Taylee!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

That's so awesome! and a really neat design...

Candice said...

Taylee saved the day for sure! Just looking at these pictures makes me fill all up with gratitude again and again. She could go pro!

Lora Dawn said...

Taylee....I want to hear more about the sugar paper.