Thursday, March 20, 2008

S'mores for Easter???

You may have seen these cute little things, but I thought I'd share any way. I've given them to my Visiting Teaching ladies for the past 2 years (different ladies). I've never baked them up myself, but I've heard they're yummy!


Ingredients and Directions:
Graham crackers
Marshmallow bunny PEEPS
Pastel Easter M&Ms
Brown Sugar

Reduce 1 sleeve graham crackers to crumbs.
Layer 2/3 of the crumbs in a quart jar.
Place 8 marshmallow bunny peeps standing up, facing out around the inside of the jar.
Press them up against the glass, but don't squish them.
Carefully spoon in remaining crumbs into the center of the jar to support the bunnies, pressing down to keep snug.
On top pour 1 1/4 C. Easter M&M's.
Spoon 1/3 C. Brown sugar on top and press down, so the lid fits.
Decorate and attach a gift tag with these instructions...

Easter S'mores
You will need:
S'more mix
Butter
Vanilla

Empty jar contents into a bowl. Snip/cut bunnies into bits. Return bunny bits to the mixture. Mix well.
Melt 1/2 cup butter; add 1 tsp vanilla. Pour over dry ingredients. Mix well. Pat into greased 9x9" pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.

*Option 2- Leave bunnies whole; after mixing ingredients, place bunnies on top, then bake as directed.





3 comments:

Nicky said...

I have never seen these, and that is SO cute! I was just heading to the grocery store, and think I might pick some stuff up for them - thanks for the idea!

Krissi said...

Those sound yummy. I just might have to make some on Easter Sunday. Then maybe I will make up the cute jars next year:)

Arianne said...

Alisha,these are so cute. I'm going to have to remember them for next year, what a great VT gift. I love seeing all your crafty things!
-Arianne