Our Olsen cousins surprised us by coming to see us New Year's Eve (when their other vacation plans changed). They got to stay from Wednesday night to Sunday morning. It was such a treat!
Having cousins visit alleviated some of the disappointment our kids felt when we didn't get to go to Utah for Christmas. Whew! These kids get a long so well and just entertain themselves for hours at a time. One of the favorite past-times, while they were here, was crafting with these beads. I think they are officially called, "Perler beads", but we usually call them, "melting beads".
You take a pegboard shape (they make all kinds, but these were the "Fashion Fun" ones), add beads, and then iron with a special ironing paper.
Voila, you have a cute-shaped thingy!
Catie showing off her rad, red high heel.
Rylee and her bee-u-tif-ful blue handbag.
Ethel with a matching ensemble.
Bob concentrating on getting it just right.
Taylee with fashionable purple nail polish.
Abree hard at work making a rainbow colored purse. (As you can see we were most concerned about crafting that day...not brushing hair.)
Other things the cousins entertained themselves with; playing Littlest Petshop, Barbies, Babies, going to the neighborhood park, jumping on the trampoline, board games and much, much more.
The adults even had fun "playing". We shopped, watched movies, played games and vegged out in front of "Top Chef" with treats. It was so much fun to have them here.
Thanks for PLAYIN' Olsens!
4 comments:
I was showing Tynan your blog the other day because I wanted him to see Treyson...We're wishing we weren't quite so far away from so many of our cousins. No way of knowing right now if we'll make it to the Ison reunion. I haven't been to one since the month before I got married. 13 1/2 years! Way too long ago!
I dub thee famous!
You should have dad on the lookout for more bead melty thingies. Looks like they are worth what ever they cost. Great entertainment.
I'm thinkin' those are some outrageous earrings! :o)
Post a Comment