Thursday, February 26, 2009

Me Too

Me too, me too...I wanna play!

I've heard and seen so many people saving so much money by couponing that I really want to figure this couponing thing out. With Kmart having another double coupon week, I thought I'd see what kind of deals I could get. (Most of the items I went there for, were out of stock!) So I'm happy to have found what I did. Here's what I got:

-8 Post Cereals =less than $1 each *This was an unusual purchase for me, because I rarely buy boxed cereal. I almost always buy the Malt-o-Meal bagged cereal, mostly because I think it's cheaper. Is it really??? Has anyone done the research on price per ounce?
-Crest Toothpaste =FREE
-Bic Razors (10pk)= FREE
-6 Oral B Toothbrushes =FREE
-4 Bayer Chewable Asprin=FREE
-KY Warming=$2.49
-Johnson & Johnson First Aid pads=FREE
-Windex =FREE
-Arm & Hammer Laundry Detergent (50oz)=$1
-Quaker Mini Delights =FREE
-2 Ocean Spray juice =.50 each

My grand total spent was.... $10.43!

If you add all of it up, it comes to more than $10.43, but there was an extra discount automatically taken off for every 4 boxes of cereal AND I also printed off an internet coupon for Kmart (when you spend $50 you get $5 off). So my total before coupons was around $54 and then they took all the coupons off. What a beautiful thing. :o)

7 comments:

Mamma Meg said...

I really want to do this! So far, I can't get it right! What are you doing? Tell me any secrets or advice you have.

Tiffany Hales said...

I am seriously impressed!

Candice said...

Good job! I think I hear KMart calling my name.

You know what I like about you? I would've left the KY out. You go girl! :)

The Stimpsons said...

You did good! How did you figure out how to do that?

Lora Dawn said...

Candice
you make me laugh!

Mandy said...

I just don't have the patience. I am not a shopper anyways. I don't go unless I need it. But mostly I don't have the patience.More power to you girls. Go for it!

Smullin Family said...

Ya, I considered leaving it out, but it was one of the most expensive items...I had to account for my total. :o) And I'm pretty sure you've figured out that married women use those kind of things sometimes. :o)