Last Monday, Taylee gave another great FHE lesson. It was on speaking kindly and saying nice things. As part of the lesson, we practiced saying the same sentence in different ways; sad, happy, mad, etc. We learned that it wasn't only the words you were saying, but the way you said it.
To help us work on saying nice things throughout the week, she had a container of rocks and a container of Skittles. Each time we say something nice, we put a Skittle in the jar. Each time we say something not so nice, we put a rock in the jar. At the end of the week, we will review and decide whether we eat the rocks or Skittles. :)
This is a picture of our "treat". It's a "mouth" with a tongue sticking out, reminding us to say kind words. Can you tell?????
Great lesson Taylee!
Sunday, August 2, 2009
FHE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Taylee--you should come teach classes in my new school. I bet we could use some skittle-talk reminders.
Good lesson topic.
Wow! Taylee is such a great mom!....I mean daughter.
ok so you are very, VERY creative. i love all the fun things you come up with and do for your family. your kids are very lucky. . the party was the coolest. dylan had a great time. I love the bagel thing. i am def. doing that next time. What lesson did she do???
I love it! I think we need to have this same lesson at our house! ;)
Post a Comment