Well, Taylee did it again... another wonderful FHE lesson.
Her lesson was on how we are the same and how we are different --celebrating our uniqueness.
First, she read a little poem she had written, showed us a picture she had drawn and then had us list how we are the same. Same family name, all have 2 eyes, live in the same house, like some of the same things, etc.
Then she gave us some Play-doh and had us sculpt something that we like...
I like cookies.
Treyson likes his dad. (The girls were guessing that he liked snowmen. I have to admit, that would have been my guess too.)
Jason likes the Boise State Broncos... of course.
Abree likes mountains. (She kept telling us how these were "creative" mountains.) Have you ever seen mountains like these? Quite "creative" don't you think?
Rylee likes i-pods, CDs, shopping and music.
After sculpting, we had show-n-tell about what we had made. She pointed out how we all made something different and all liked different things. She concluded by saying that although we like some of the same things and are the same in some ways, being different or unique is very good. "It would be a boring world if we were all the same."
3 comments:
What a great family home evening. Your kids are as creative as you are. You are teaching them well.
Is that a free-hand bronco? Cuz... wow!
She is an amazing little girl. I'm glad I get to teach her, cause she's teaching me so much!!
Post a Comment