Monday, December 7th, was my Aunt Hertha's birthday. (She passed away from a battle with cancer in 1990.)

In remembrance of her, I dug through my childhood keepsakes and found this cute denim purse she made and personalized for me. I'm so glad that I've kept it over these years and am so glad that I have something to remember her by....precious!

I often think of her, as I stay up late to work on projects. (Something she did all the time.)I remember how she told me that it was cool to be tall. She said that I have a "presence" as I walk into a room.
I wonder what she would be up to, if she were still here on earth with us? I wonder what kinds of projects she would be into (besides sewing, of course)? I wonder how many more ribbons she would have won at the fair? I think of her often.
Thank you for being a part of my life Aunt Hertha.
3 comments:
Thank you for sharing that. Look how perfect the close up is. I think I'll do the same thing and show a couple of things she made on my blog. There's a couple more stories I want to tell related to her.
What a sweet post! She sounds like such a wonderful lady.
That's fun, I didn't know you had anything like that. I love to hear memories of my mom thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment