April 12th was my mom's birthday (a.k.a. Grandma McKinley).
We invited her over for an evening of birthday celebration. We ate dinner, opened presents, had FHE, ate cake and ice cream and even watched a movie together.
We decided together that this puppet was named Sherbet. She's the pondering type. She wonders about many things.... "I wonder if the kids at school are nice?" "I wonder if anyone will play with me?" "I wonder if I'll like it there?".
Originally, Taylee was thinking it would be a hand puppet, but as she sewed it together and turned it right-side-out, the opening became too narrow to put your hand in. We improvised and used a wooden spoon to get Sherbet to talk to us.
She's sooooo cute!
HaPpY biRtHdAy GrAnDma McKiNleY!
We LOVE you!!!
1 comment:
Thank you for the fine celebration. I had fun.
Sherbet has already been to some classrooms. She spoke in contemplative questions. She wondered how the kids would answer questions about healthy and unhealthy choices.
Post a Comment