Sunday, June 6, 2010

Musical Evening

Rylee came home, the day of her choir concert, telling me she needed to dress like a hippie. This would have been nice to know WAY before the day of. Not having any tie-dye shirts on hand, we had to come up with the next best thing. I was told looking like she was from the 1960's would also be acceptable.


Luckily, being the forward thinker I am, I had picked up a dress (brand new) from the .25 cent sale at "Other Mother's" thinking that someone could use it as a costume.... some day. My girls didn't act excited about it and told me they didn't think they'd ever use it, but I bought it any way.


Here's her 1960's style....

We did her hair and make-up to add to the 60's style.



The concert was great.

Three different school orchestras performed, as well as the choir.

One of their pieces they played was from "Pirates of the Caribbean".... notice the costumes.

The choir ran in from hall and performed a choreographed dance number as they sang their first song from the Broadway play "HAIR".

Taylee and Grandpa Waite made Rylee's HUGE peace sign necklace.
Rylee's choir teacher was a One-Woman-Show she was not only the choir director, but the orchestra conductor.
It was a nice musical evening.

4 comments:

Lora Dawn said...

Hey, hey, I had a 60's dress with those color-contrast strips. (remember the dress I wore in that painted portrait?). A-lines dress shape, bouffant hair and eyeliner, oh yeah!

Pretty pretty Rylee, no matter what decade.

Tiffany Hales said...

She looks great, amazing, what a forward thinking mother you are!

Teresa said...

She looks like she stepped right out of the 60's. You are a great mom.

Mandy said...

She is so beautiful, Alisha. She looks fabulous way to go on the quick fix.