If you know me at all, you know that I LOVE to throw parties! I love all the details of planning and making. I also love to decorate the party room so it's visually stimulating and fun to look at.
Thank goodness Candice was having a baby and there was another reason to have a party. :)
I had offered to throw Candice a baby shower for Jackson or Lizzy, but she didn't want to trouble me. This time I wouldn't take NO for an answer. She just got to tell me what day and time would work and give her input on what direction I should go with a theme.
It wasn't nearly as fun or as easy as I thought it would be. The socks I had chosen were quite long and VERY stretchy. So this made my monkey extra long. My family had concerns as I was constructing it, but in the end I think it turned out OK. :)
I had fun making this banner and I liked how it turned out.
I used brown paper grocery bags, green paper and computer printed letters and monkey. Then stapled the circles to one of my grocery bag "vines".
When my kids saw my making and decorating efforts, they wanted to help. Taylee, Treyson and Abree made these monkeys and bananas for decoration.
The yellow thing that kinda looks like a flower is a banana peel. Taylee's cute idea. Love it!
I used brown paper grocery bags, green paper and computer printed letters and monkey. Then stapled the circles to one of my grocery bag "vines".
The yellow thing that kinda looks like a flower is a banana peel. Taylee's cute idea. Love it!
The vines were made out of brown paper grocery bags that had been cut, folded and then sewn together attaching green felt leaves randomly.
My kids also helped by getting their Webkins jungle animals and decorating the bookshelf.
Treyson was just sure we needed a HUGE snake at the jungle party. He let me use Bowden the Boa Constrictor to decorate the banister.
Vines were everywhere! It was a JUNGLE in there. :)
I wanted to make a jungle themed diaper cake. In my creating process I came up with this diaper tree instead. This was another of my ideas that my family was skeptical of at first. I LOVE the monkey we found to hang out in the tree. His face is so happy.
The party wouldn't be a party without yummy snacks.... jungle themed of course.




We had a nice turn out of friends and family at the party.
Jacque & Nici
Amber
Amber & Lisa
Mom-LoraDawn, Tera, Miriam
Daisylyn was part of our entertainment. She was a cute little busy monkey.
What is a shower or party without games? Don't say "perfect"!
The first game we played was fun. I had Candice's kids (Micaela-8, Jackson-5 & Lizzy-3) draw pictures of Nursery Rhymes. We numbered them and then had everyone guess which nursery rhymes they were. They were SO cute.... even with the additions of snakes and camouflage, that had nothing to do with the rhyme. :)
Wish I had taken some pictures of them. I was too busy holding the pictures and being hostess, I guess.
Next, instead of giving Candice baby advice, we wrote down "Wishes for Baby". I gathered these and put them in a little photo album for Candice to take home.
5 comments:
YOu are so amazing at this kind of stuff. You seriously have a gift. I love the theme my sister is getting ready to have her first boy and you have inspired me.
That is amazing! And, how do you know Tammy? She's my cousin! Looks like everyone had a blast!
Very impressed with your party, looks like it turned out super CUTE!
I love your sock monkey! I think it's cute that he's so long. :)
What a fun looking party. I love the kid illustrated nursery rhymes idea. I've never heard of that for a shower game. Most shower games are so overdone.
This makes me wish I was pregnant...just so you could throw me a show. Amazing!
Post a Comment