Saturday, August 7, 2010

Boise High School

After my Borah High 20 year reunion experience, I wondered what the Boise High reunion would be like. I suspected that I would know a lot more people and have more fun, but in the end it was REALLY expensive and I couldn't afford going.

That didn't stop me from dragging my kids to the FREE school tour though.

Although the front of the school still looked the same (with the exception of the front steps being under construction) there were many things that had changed. The math building had been totally remodelled and now housed the new cafeteria and library, as well as many classrooms and the majority of the lockers.

The main building halls were carpeted *weird* and most of the lockers had been taken out. As we walked around I showed the kids where the cafeteria USED TO be and where I took Biology...I think. They were impressed by the big, old auditorium and real feather head dresses (Boise Braves) in the display case.

I found my sophomore locker (area), down in the basement. Taylee thought it was SO COOL to have a basement in a school.

I had forgotten all about the narrow stairways, nooks and crannies of the school. The kids felt like they were going through secret passageways in a castle. They also complained how tired they were getting by going up and down so many stairs.
"Mom, did you have to do this EVERY DAY at school?!"
"Yep, uphill both ways!" :)
At the end of our self-guided tour, we found someone giving out Boise High t-shirts from the school store (excess from over the years?). We considered getting the "BEAT BORAH" t-shirts, but it didn't feel right since I had actually graduated from Borah. :)

Boise High is the oldest high school in the city.... a historical site.

I saw a few familiar faces and said HI, but really wished I could have participated in the all weekend long activities too. Oh well, maybe at the 30.

1 comment:

Candice said...

Next time you're offered a free Beat Borah t-shirt ~ snatch it up...for me!! :)