Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Crunch-o Munch-o!

I'm soooo bummed!
Rylee had asked to go to a friend's house to swim. I got detour directions from her friend's mom, because of major construction. I drove there on "auto pilot". Not thinking I had gotten into the turn lane, when I should have been going straight, at the light. I looked around, everything seemed to be clear. I put the van in reverse and CRUNCH ....Obviously it wasn't clear.
I was so mad at myself. That was so STUPID...and illegal. I tried to remain calm and turn it into a learning lesson for Rylee on "consequences for our actions" first hand. :)
Long story short.... I damaged the side of the other car, tweaking her gas door so it won't shut. Rylee was VERY late getting to her friends house to swim. But had a story to tell. Got my very first ticket EVER for "improper backing" to the tune of $85 bucks.
My bragging rights for NEVER having received a ticket is over.... but it wasn't a speeding ticket. Does it actually count? Jason says YES.
Later Rylee told me she had seen the car there and wondered why I was backing up......into it. She said the college-aged girl was on her cell phone and then saw me coming and put her hands up and braced for the impact. Why in the world did I not see any of this??? It would have been nice if she would have honked. Oh well, still my fault.

5 comments:

Scott and Brittany Manning said...

Oh that stinks! I'm sorry! :(

Lora Dawn said...

Yuck - - -such a giant bummer.

Nicky said...

Oh...SO sorry!!! That was a rotton day for you *hugs*

Jilene said...

bummer!

Megan said...

I backed into a basketball stand this week. Not quite as munched up as you, but still....I didn't even see it. I think it moved into my car as I was backing up. Hmmmm... So sorry your ticketless streak is over :(