Treyson entered "Reflections" a national art contest, again this year.
This year's theme, "Together We Can...."
He made a watercolor rainbow last year and talked about doing another rainbow this year. I encouraged him to pick something else. He came up with kids wearing colorful shirts..... like a rainbow.
His first rendering had more kids and more colors, but in the end it looked like this.
He's hopeful and focused on a medal this year. (He has seen Taylee get one the last 2 years.) I talked to him about doing it for FUN and because he likes to draw, instead of doing it to win a medal. He said, "I know, I know. I will do it for fun..... and a medal."
Last year, he received a participation ribbon/certificate and that didn't seem nearly as FUN as a medal.
The day after turning it in, he started fretting about it coming back and if it had been judged yet. I told him that it takes a LONG time to get it back and he won't know for a LONG time. Really, we'll probably know after Thanksgiving break and an awards ceremony will be the first week of December, but for him it will be a LONG time.
I don't know whether to ask you to cross your fingers that Treyson gets a medal or wish me luck if he doesn't.
2 comments:
Oo-oo, I like! Very "in" art to have partial figure shown. Plus it is just cute.
Very nice. I hope he is satisfied with what ever the results end up being!
Post a Comment