Tuesday, January 18, 2011

FINALLY!!!

Being the youngest, Abree has watched her older siblings lose their baby teeth one-by-one. She has longed for the day when hers would get wiggly and finally fall out. She has been talking about it for years.
Over the years, when the subject of loosing teeth would come up, I would tell her that she didn't need to worry about it until kindergarten... when most kids started loosing teeth. She couldn't wait for kindergarten to start and noticed "The Tooth Book" in her new kindergarten classroom when visiting.
The start of kindergarten came and went. As the year progressed, it looked like she would NEVER loose a tooth.... at least that's how she felt. Recently, she came to me and said, "Mom, even 5 year olds are loosing their teeth... and I'm 6!"
(Totally NOT fair in her book.)
Posted by Picasa
Then one day in January it happened.
She came to me and said, "My tooth hurt when I bit my carrot at lunch. I think it's wiggly." I checked the tooth and could detect the slightest bit of wiggle..... maybe. Really I thought she was still just hoping.
When she got home from school she showed Taylee her "wiggly" tooth. Taylee took action. She grabbed the tooth with some tissue and pushed it in... HARD.
Boink!... out popped the tooth.
After locating the tooth on the floor, Abree picked it up and came running in to show me. Truthfully I couldn't believe it, but I was happy for her.
Yay, Abree had FINALLY lost a tooth!!!
Side note: Our tooth fairy stinks. She only gives .50/lost tooth....when others are giving $5 plus. And that's only if you catch her on a good day... most days she forgets. She even stopped coming to the older kids when she found out they didn't believe in her any more. She's kinda moody I guess.
If Abree was in it for the money, she'll be quite disappointed.

1 comment:

A*Waite said...

I remember being anxious about loosing my first tooth. I don't rember when it happened, but when it did I was happy about it.