Late Saturday night, we picked up our 2 pioneer trekkers.
Rylee said her bus was kind of run-down and a lot slower than the others... they didn't stop for a break, but the other buses still arrived before hers. It's better than WALKING to Wyoming, I thought.

We found Taylee first. She was excited to tell us all the details of what she ate each day. She pulled out her journal and started listing off meals, right away. She said they fed them so well, she was never hungry. Doesn't sound very pioneer-like, does it?
I am grateful they took care of our kids so well, though. :)

Next, we found Rylee. She wasn't excited about me taking a "post trek" picture, so wouldn't look at me. Initially she talked about being tired, stinky and having stickers in her feet, but would keep talking to reveal new friendships and bonding experiences.
Although the parking lot was filled with buses, dusty equipment and reddish-brown people, a pioneer spirit lingered there. It was so neat to see these modern day pioneers sun-drenched and tired, because I also sensed the satisfaction, happiness and peace among them.
I kept saying, "Everyone looks so good!"
It was amazing how BROWN everyone was. It was hard to tell if it was dirt or tanned skin. Time would tell... the next day at church I would see if they still looked BROWN or if their BROWN had washed off in the shower. :)
The girls said, the first thing they wanted to do when they got home was to jump into the shower. They were so excited, they bubbled-over with details all the way home and late into the evening. It was way late by the time they got into the shower and finally into bed.
Still wishing I were a fly on their handcart... or photographer along the trail.
So proud of you, my modern day pioneer girls!
PS- Rylee gets to be one of the youth speaking in sacrament meeting this Sunday, about trek. Can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment