Saturday, July 30, 2011

Waite Family Reunion 2011- Part 2

A little blurry-eyed and without much sleep, I got up early to help make/serve breakfast for the family. We had breakfast burritos and juice.






After breakfast, Dean/Candice organized some games for us to play.

First up, tug-o-war.

We took turns; big kids vs. big kids, little kids vs. little kids, Utah cousins vs. Idaho cousins, BYU vs. BSU, moms vs. moms, dads vs. dads, etc.




Gunny sack races were next.

Again, we did several heets; big kids, little kids, couples, teens (sort of) and dads.




The dad heet was a full-on competition... of course.

Short gunny sacks = handicap for tall dads.

Back at the lodge, gaming continued, while Karen painted the kid's hands and cheeks.




The kids chose what shape and color they wanted. Pink and purple butterflies were popular with the little girls.

After lunch, people went to the lake to take a dip or try their hand at the canoe. The report I got was that the lake was FREEZING... but beautiful.

While my family was at the lake, I took a needed nap. I woke up feeling so much better. Ahhh.

After the lake, gaming resumed, while Tianna set up crafts for the kids. The kids colored in coloring books, made "eye of God" yarn crafts and worked on friendship bracelets.

After a delicious dinner, the Waite Family Talent Show was next. We sprayed ourselves down with bug repellent and headed to the outdoor amphitheater for the show.

Karan and Vicki started us off by sharing stories of Grandma and Grandpa Waite. They also talked about Uncle Mark and some of his stories/accomplishments.

Neil/Sarah's family did 2 scout-type skits.

Here they are sitting on the "invisible bench".

Johnathon/Kendra's girls did 2 dance numbers, they had learned at school. They were so cute! Their oldest son, McKay, showed off his basketball skills, by spinning the ball on his finger.

I videoed a bit of one of the dance numbers (at the end of the post). Hopefully it will work.

Uncle Grant showed us old pictures of Grandma and Grandpa Waite and told one of Grandpa's favorite stories, "Heap Good"..."Throw it away Sam"..."No, heap good" BOOM!

It's an inside-the-family classic.

Dad/Uncle Lynn told the "Pig won't jump over the sty" story... another one of Grandpa Waite's favorites.

For our family's portion of the talent show, I had everyone bring something they had made or created. I told about how I love to craft and create and recently have had fun decorating and putting on parties, I showed a fabric banner I had made, as well as a little cake banner. Then as the other members of my family shared their creations I blew up and made a flower balloon... one of my favorite party go-tos.

Jason shared some of his drawings, Rylee shared 2 skirts she had sewn, Taylee shared her drawing of Grandpa Waite (Lynn) she had recently finished, Treyson shared his pinewood derby he made for cub scouts this year and Abree shared a princess picture she had drawn.

Dean/Candice's family put on a very funny and cute skit.

It was about a VERY handsome knight, asking the BEAUTIFUL princess to marry him.

Levi was the handsome knights trusty steed.

Candice was the gate keeper/messenger,

"King, there is a man here that wants to marry the princess."


King Jackson- "I'll have to ask the Queen."

"Queen, there is a man here that wants to marry the princess."



Queen Micaela- "I'll have to ask the princess."

"Princess, there is a man here that wants to marry you."

Princess Lizzy- "Do you like my ring?" (said in a British princess accent--so cute!)
Queen- "No, not really."

Princess- "Then I WON'T marry!"

As each person relayed the message back to the handsome knight, he was not happy with their answer, he took his sword/light saber to them and they died.

Finally, no one was left, but the princess herself.

Princess- "Do you like my ring?"

Knight- "No, not really. I've come here to ask you to marry me."

Princess-"Are you rich?"

Knight- "Yes."
Princess- "Then I would LOVE to!!!"

And then the HANDSOME knight, swept the BEAUTIFUL princess off her feet and they lived happily ever after.

Tim shows his skills with card tricks.

Tim/Karen, Amber and kids (sort of) sang, "Twinkle , Twinkle Little Star".

Tyrel was our MC for the evening, but also showed us how he could whistle 5 1/2 different ways.

Necha did a little animal skit.

Tianna folded paper into an origami bird that flew.

Eric sang a tongue-twister of a song, from "The Pirates of Penance".

We finished outside, just as it started to rain.

We went back into the lodge and heard 2 piano performances from Molly/Scott's boys.

Eric accompanied Zach on a piano piece he had learned, just the day before.

Although some didn't care to participate, I think the family talent show was really fun.


Here's the video of Johnathon/Kendra's girls. Crossing my fingers and hoping that it works.


The night was finished out with more games. Our "Hand and Foot" card game resumed too.

We stayed up late into the night eating candy, talking and laughing.


Overall ,a great way to spend a weekend.

No comments: