Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

Two weeks ago, it was announced that there would be some changes happening to our ward.... a ward split!

Our ward was super big..like 730+ of mostly active members.


From 2 wards, a third ward was created. We knew it was coming, but was still so sad to see some of our ward family go.


On that next Wednesday, we got together one last time, for IHOP -Individual Hour Of Personal Progress.

Girls wore their jammies/sweats, we ate pizza and some worked a little on Personal Progress... but mostly it was just a big going away party...or should I say, see ya around party. :)


Maddi-Savannah-Lessa-Megan-Jennifer
Brittany
Melissa-Madi-Emma-Karly

Taylee-Brittany-Maddison

Emma

Kaylee-Emily-Perry
Emma-Taylee


Our NEW YW president, Jessica.

She and her counselors had just been put in about 6 weeks prior. We bonded quickly and were having so much FUN together. We are SO SAD to have it end so soon.

I was looking forward to girl's camp together....... really. :)

Laurie-Danielle-Karly

Abbey-Bella-Hannah-Laura-Lauren
Lexi-MacKenzie

Maddison-Sister Eldredge...actually working on Personal Progress.

Katie Givens-Kiley Thompson-Danielle-Jessica Whiting

Brittany-Hailey-Kamryn

Stephanie Young-Savannah

Shelby-Livvy

Savannah-Erin-Lessa-Megan-Rylee-Melissa
The MiaMaid Huddle

Rylee was so bummed. Her good friends (including Melissa!)are now in the other ward. There are only 3 MiaMaids in our ward now. Such an adjustment!

Friends Forever..... right?

Some of the Laurels
Some of MY Beehives.
More of MY Beehives.

We went from 22, down to 10! Class was quiet on Sunday. :)
Sister Young had promised some of the girls an arm wrestle match. She had to make good on her promise. Sister Young, we will also miss your "speed walking".
Me-Katie-Jess-Kiley-Shel-Steph

Missing Sister Merrilee Ellsworth who was sick that night.


What's that saying? "All good things must come to an end"... I guess it's true.

More changes ahead.

With all the "holes" to fill in ward leadership and callings, we're not done adjusting.... oh, but I wish we were. I don't like change.... I'm not "used to it"!!!!!

On to the next chapter .

1 comment:

Lora Dawn said...

Oh, the ache of bitter-sweet. Yeah.....hard stuff when you love deeply.