Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving dinner was at our house this year.


I have to admit I was a little off that day. The Sunday before, was my first official day of being the new primary president. My brain was buzzing and my world spinning. (I know a calling shouldn't do that to you, but it did me....and is still doing it somewhat.) It probably didn't help that I was also doing a push to the end of a Biggest Loser-type challenge, so was eating no/little carbs and no sugar. My "dinner" consisted of raw veggies, some fruit, a deviled egg and turkey. Oh how I missed eating Karen's yummy rolls and Candice's corn souffle.






I am THANKFUL for a wonderful family who are forgiving, laid-back and helpful. Everyone volunteered to bring food and wares, so we could have a great dinner.

We cooked the turkey (donated by Mom-- Thanks!), baked pumpkin pies and mashed the potatoes. Rylee, Jason and Taylee doing some pre-dinner shopping.

Mom came early and made the yummy gravy.


Abree says, "Happy Thanksgiving everyone!"


...showing off her toothless grin.


Tyrel and Mom join the add shopping.


When everyone was gathered....








...it was time to eat!


Look at all the yummy food everyone brought (and I got to look at). :) j/k


After dinner, the adults talked about playing a game...but never did.

Instead, a friendly game of dog-pile-on-Treyson broke out... and we watched...to make sure it stayed friendly.




Happy Thanksgiving from our little turkeys to yours!

2 comments:

Nicky said...

Wow...you are WAY stronger than me. I could NOT have smelled and looked at that yummy food and not eaten any of it. Now I can't wait to hear how the competition went!

Lora Dawn said...

Yea! I'm glad you got all those pictures that day. You were a fine hostess, in spite of the brain whirl. So good to be together. Thank you for being the home sponsor!