Friday, February 24, 2012

Uh-oh!

Pinterest strikes again!

This time, for the idea of the Uh-oh jar.
The Uh-oh jar is a jar full of jobs, that can be used in any way you need as a mom/parent (whining, leaving backpack out, tattle-telling, general naughtiness). Ours has most recently been used to pay for "maid services", when the kid's rooms were cleaned by me.


The jobs in the jar are ones that are fairly simple and can usually be done within 10-15 minutes. They are also things that aren't a part of our every day/weekly cleaning. I think I want to add a few more things to the jar. I like the idea of adding things like; writing an encouraging note to a family member/teacher/friend, helping someone with homework, doing a chore for someone, making someone's bed, making someone's lunch, etc. Things that encourage kindness and friendship.

I need help coming up with more ideas. Do you have any good ones for me? :)

3 comments:

Nicky said...

I am in the process of preparing something similar for my family - and I am going to put in things like write in your journal, call g-ma/g-pa and ask about their day, study a section of "For the Strength of Youth" (for my teen). I need more ideas too - so maybe we can compare notes via email with the full lists and see what we're missing. My friend who does this said things like going on a bike ride around the block, shooting the basketball for 10 minutes - the point being that they are getting away from the situation that got them in trouble. I think if I have really fun ones like that in there, they will get in trouble on purpose so they can do those fun things. I think I might add a couple in for now and see how it goes.

Lora Dawn said...

Ah....great brainstorming zone.
How about some pampering for mom? Shoulder/scalp massage.
Prepare foot soak, dry and lotion feet after.
Run a bubble bath for mom with lighted candles and good book....keep other sibs entertained while mom relaxes.

Smullin Family said...

Oooo, I love these ideas!!! I will be adding to my jar for sure. Thanks!