Friday, March 16, 2012

Amity Service Project

Taylee was assigned a 4 hour service community project, for one of her school classes. She had known about it for a month, but had put off deciding what to do until the Thursday before it was due (of course). When she came to me Thursday night, she was a little panicked and teary. I decided that I was willing to help, because she had mentioned it to me before this night. I tried brainstorming ideas with her... she wasn't super helpful. She would tell me what the project couldn't be, but had few ideas of what it could be. She had also left the assignment page and rubric at school, which was also not very helpful.



It was late, but I texted my mom to see if she was still awake. Luckily she was. I had Taylee call her to see if there was anything she could do to help at her school. They arranged a work day at Amity, for the next day.






There were several cute Leprechaun traps down this hall.

Grandma had graciously arranged with several teachers, prep type work that Taylee could help with.

She cut...



she sliced...

and copied, stapled, bagged, cleaned and organized.

It was a long night for Grandma. We are so thankful for her willingness to help.

Over the weekend, Taylee was able to complete her assignment, by creating a scrapbook page of her service hours. I'm happy to report it was turned in on time.... but not without a few more dramatic moments and tears.

Whew, are we all going to make it through these next few years???

No comments: