Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Morning

Gooood Morning!
The kids spent the night in the family room upstairs together.
Jason and I prepared breakfast and brought it up to eat.

We ate our (new) traditional crockpot breakfast casserole, cinnamon rolls and orange juice. Yum!

Before we go see what Santa brought, my kids LOVE it when I ask them to line up youngest-to-oldest... not.
But I make them do it any way, because it's tradition!
Everyone headed to their couch or corner.




Jason had been wanting a dashboard holder for his phone. I guess he was on Santa's "nice" list and found one by his stocking.
We each received cereal by our stockings. I got Craklin Oat Bran...yum!
Piggy bakingware with cake mix, frosting and sprinkles...Abree's "gift of learning".
"The Boy Doodle Book" for Treyson's "gift of learning".
Taylee was crossing her fingers, and hoping to receive the book on her wish list, "The Mark of Athena--The Heroes of Olympus book 3". Wish granted..happy Taylee.
Abree's face says it all...
she was excited about getting a new doll (American Girl type). Her name is Ayla and she has beautiful red hair.
Treyson opened pet bedding as a clue to his "want gift".... 
2 turtles!
He named them Scooter and Lucy.
Taylee said she was confident that she would get her "want gift" off her wish list... an i-pod!
She was right.
For Rylee's "want gift" received a charger/radio/speaker unit for her i-pod and some i-tunes gift cards.
Jason gave me a new quilt set for our bed. I appreciate the thought and care he put into coming up with something that he thought I would really like. Thanks Honey!

Each year, as we continue our "3 gift rule", I find myself wondering if it's going to be ENOUGH.
Will the kids be disappointed? Will they focus on scarcity, rather than abundance? Am I scaring them for life? Will they "get it"...and eventually appreciate it?

This year was no exception...I worried, then was once again reminded that it was ENOUGH. The kids were excited and happy. We played together and enjoyed one another's company all morning long.
It was a joyful Christmas morning.

3 comments:

Candice said...

They all look super happy to me! What are the 3 category of gifts you use? I saw Want and Learning. I love this idea. We NEED to implement this NOW. As always, you inspire me!

Smullin Family said...

If you click on the highlighted 3 gifts, that is the site that inspired me. We basically do; want, need, learning/spiritual. I'd like to implement gold, silver and myrrh in there, but haven't at this point. If you click on the highlighted ENOUGH, they use these.

Another thing we started doing a few years ago was giving the "big" gift from us..not Santa. Why should he get all the credit? :)

Smullin Family said...

Oops, I meant gold, FRANKINCENSE and myrrh.