For the new year in Primary, it was out with the OLD...
..and in with the NEW!
Instead of the typical birthday pencils, we decided to give out crazy straws...
"Sip-sip HOORAY! It's YOUR birthday!"
We use the popsicle sticks in the cans (with each child's name on them) for taking turns during Sharing/Singing Time. We seemed to be getting a lot of "repeats", so I colored one of the tips red and started a new system...draw from the red end and turn the stick upside-down when the child is called on. When all the sticks have been used, start over again with the red tips showing.
Hopefully this will help with our repeat problem. :)
For our "spotlight" gift this year, we are giving out these customized (by me) lip balms. Actually I can't take full credit. I printed the labels off here, then cut them out, stuck them on and shrink-wrapped them with plastic sleeves for stick-ability and cuteness.
I also replaced our plain white tablecloth with a bright red one.. with polka dots! And we have a fancy mirror with the 2013 theme in vinyl, "I Am A Child of God".
I should take a picture of our Primary table to show you how CUTE it is...but do you think I have time for that??? :)
PS- We have 18 Sunbeams this year..yikes!
1 comment:
such cute primary stuff!! I need start getting back on here more often so I don't miss any good primary ideas!!
-A
Post a Comment