Monday, February 18, 2013

FHE

An idea for a FHE had been stirring around in my head for weeks. I knew it would take a while, probably longer than a usual FHE, so when the kids had a Monday off of school we decided to do it.
When borrowing Karen's Cricut a while back, I cut each person's name out of colored cardstock. I also gathered a box full of magazines, glue and scissors and then we got to work.

We ripped, snipped and glued anything that we loved or represented us in some way.


My plan was to have a lesson about us being individual and unique children of God, but we ended up just sharing our posters and talking about why we chose what we chose. It was more fun, than spiritual, but still worth the time and effort.

We also noticed that the placement of our pictures kinda matched our personalities as well... random and scattered or lined up and planned out. 




Jason and I shared a posterboard...we had to be creative and edit quite a bit to make everything fit.

I'd like to have a follow up FHE or do something with our posters. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Candice said...

Everyone looks so happy! Great idea! Maybe now you could use them like goal boards or dream boards - what are those called? :o) Pick one image on your board you could use as a visual reminder for a goal or talent to work on or .... ?

Smullin Family said...

Good ideas..thanks!