Our Easter started in Utah. Teresa made eggs benedict for our breakfast, kids searched for hidden baskets (amidst getting ready) and then we headed to church for sacrament meeting. After sacrament meeting our family went back to Jared/Teresa's to pack up and get on the road.
Thank you Jared and Teresa for being such wonderful hosts. We were well taken care of and had lots of fun with you. So glad we're not only family... but friends. :)
When we were home and settled, we did our traditional Jerusalem dinner. This year we ate our "fish" on folded flatbread. It was softer and tastier than other things we have tried in the past.
Instead of doing our "Easter in an Egg" we tried something new. We started before leaving on our trip (I had originally wanted to do it for the whole week leading up to Easter) continued on our car ride home and finished after our Jerusalem dinner.
We studied the "Betrayal, Trial and Crucifixion of Christ", that I got from here. It was awesome! It gave so many details and I learned so much. My kids did some eye-rolling about the time it took, but also had their moments of complete engagement too.
I would like to study this again next year, but would do it slightly different. I would be more prepared to talk about the resurrection. This study guide lead us up to that, but didn't address the resurrection. In the moment, when I realized we were leaving off at the the crucifixion, we quickly found some scriptures to read about the resurrection.
We had a different, but lovely, Easter.
Hope you did too.
No comments:
Post a Comment