Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Practicing for Parenthood

I watched Kyrick this week while his mom and dad were both at work. In the morning, I was still kind of sleepy, so I turned on cartoons and dozed on the couch, while Abree and Kyrick played. (Nice babysitting, eh?) As I was in and out of sleep, I would see snapshots of what was going on. Abree and Kyrick had gathered several toys from the bedrooms and were playing "house", I think. They both had babies, a shopping cart, food, dishes and other various things. One time I saw them with linked arms, walking and talking together. Abree was calling him Honey. Other times I would see them tending to their babies or eating their food. It was SO cute. (In the past, Abree and Kyrick have had a little friction, but nothing like that today. ) Another snapshot was Abree giving Kyrick a "haircut". She had wrapped his blanket around him like a cape and was using a plastic play knife (not sharp, don't worry) to "cut" his hair. With Kyrick's mom being a stylist, I guess he was used to it. He held still and didn't seem to mind.




"Hold still Honey. I'm almost done." Cute Cousins!

4 comments:

Nicky said...

cutie patooties!

Krissi said...

That is such a cute story. Love your new background! Good job on your blog:) I'm loving it.

A*Waite said...

Kyrick is clearly interested in something else in all of the pictures, but it sure looks like they were having a great time!

Arianne said...

That is too cute!