Saturday, March 8, 2008

SUPRISE!!!!!


On Friday, we gave Amber a suprise birthday party. My sister Tawnya and my brother Tyrel were the master-minds behind it all.

The set up- My mom took Amber to dinner, while at dinner I called my mom and told her I was at the church and that I needed some help with jump-starting my car. (My car has been having a little trouble, so I knew Amber would believe that I needed a jump-start AND I am the primary president, so Amber could also believe that I would be at the church doing primary stuff.) We all gathered in the primary room with the divider 2/3 closed. I was in the 1/3 that was open, at the piano while I waited. When she walked in I said, "Hi", that was the cue for Tyrel to open the partian and we all yelled, "SURPRISE!". Gathered were family, friends, co-workers, etc. She was shocked and overwhelmed.

The party- After the surprise, we gathered in the gym for the party. We had it all decorated with "Happy 30th Birthday" stuff. We all sat down and watched the video Tyrel had created. It was awesome. He interviewed lots of family and friends. They talked about why they loved Amber, words that described Amber and funny stories about Amber. He did an awesome job. It was set to music and even had sub-titles.
We had a display table set up with old photos of Amber and family. We had a little book people could write sweet notes to Amber. We had a money tree... or Amber's Travel Tree that people could donate for Amber's up coming BIG trip.

We had cake and ice cream and visited.


Waiting for Amber...


SUPRISE!!!!


























Sweet notes from friends and family.


Amber's Travel Tree- money for her trip to
Switzerland and Germany.





















Is 30 sweet or does it SUCK?

(Get it?...sucker, sucks.)




3 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

How fun!! I'm sure you sister had a blast. Love the sucker idea!!!

A*Waite said...

What a wonderful benchmark birthday!! I can not believe that sooo many people can keep a secret around me.

I feel so blessed and so loved by so many!

Krissi said...

How fun!! What an awesome family you have.