So when Jason and I got married and started discussing parenting rules and such, we decided that 12 years old was when our girls could get their ears pierced. The decision came about mostly because that was our family rule growing up. As time passed, and I really started thinking about this rule, I started to regret that I had ever said anything. I really didn't care about waiting until 12. The only issue I had was responsibility for their own ear care. So then I talked to Jason and asked him if he was really set on age 12, for ear piercing. No, not really. So we came up with a new family rule: You must be atleast 9 years of age for ear piercing.
I casually mentioned this new rule to my girls one day. They were very excited. They pestered me (gently, as not to upset) every day until we finally did it late one night at Walmart.
Friday, May 30, 2008
New family rule = 4 new holes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
what brave girls! I never did want someone to peirce my ears with a gun. I was all about the ice.
Yeah!! I see they got both ears done at the same time:) Tell them I said congratulations.
Our rule has been 12 also, and Emilie is asking. She is almost 8 years old - maybe that could be a special birthday present - WE'LL SEE! Let me know how the taking care of their own ears goes - that has been my hesitation too. They both look so cute, and so happy!
Don't tell Lauren, she still thinks its 12!
Post a Comment