Tuesday, August 26, 2008

FREE Lunch!

This summer we were consistant participants in the FREE lunch in the park. We went almost every day. It was so nice not to have to think about lunch, make lunch and then clean-up lunch every day. Also it forced me to get the kids out of the house and sometimes even play in the park for a while. After lunch was done being served they did a craft time. My kids LOVED this. They made macaroni necklaces/bracelets, little guitars, colored pictures, face painted, etc. Taylee especially lived for this. She loved creating something new each day. Yummy...chicken sandwiches.
It was Jason's "early day", so he got off work and was able to come with us.

The food was provided by the Idaho Food Bank. It wasn't top notch, but was edible. :o)

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I can't wait for it next year. I was not brave enough this year with a new born, 2 year old, and four year old. Next year I will be all over that.

The Blaisdell Family said...

We actually stumbled upon that lunch at that park and I'm glad we did. It was fun to get out but also fun to hang out with you and Marianne by chance too:) Josh still asks to go after school. I do wish that park was just a LITTLE bit closer to us though.

Your little Abree is an absolute doll!!