Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Western Idaho FAIR

Last week, our family went to the Western Idaho State Fair. Growing up in the area, this was the fair I went to in my childhood. It was always exciting and fun and I always looked forward to it, even though it meant that school was just around the corner. Unlike my childhood, the first thing our agenda was riding some carnival rides. I think it would be hard for Jason to go to a fair, with rides, and NOT ride them. He's a big kid. :o)

First ride of the day.

The Wacky Worm was Abree's first ride of the day. It was kind of like a very mild little roller coaster. The first 2 times around I couldn't tell if she was having fun. The last few times around she was finally smiling.
I think Abree had fun "driving", but Treyson was kind of bored being the passenger.
Taylee is our adreniline (sp?) junky. She loves big rides that "scare" her. She chose to go on the "Crazy Train" by herself.
Rylee loved this ride, but Treyson wasn't too sure. When the ride started going backwards, he finally looked like he was having fun.
As we were checking out the animals, this little girl walked by with her sheep. She let us pet it. My kids loved feeling how soft and wooly it was.
Abree bravely going on the ride all by herself.
The last scary ride of the day. It went around and around and upside-down. Taylee considered bailing, but went and was totally thrilled she did. She LOVED it and is already making plans on going on it next year.
These are the African Acrobats. The kids and Jason watched several shows while I had to duck out for 2 hours to go to my old book group to discuss "Breaking Dawn". They also watched the monster truck 4x4's . When I returned we had treats and went to the hypnotist.
We stayed ALL day. It was a long, but very fun day.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow you guys go all out at the fair. How come you did not go on any rides? Those acrobats were really cool.Thanks for dinner the other night. We had fun. Let's do it again.

The Blaisdell Family said...

I will admit, this fair isn't anything compared to the Minnesota State Fair, (which takes about 4-5 hours to just walk around and see everthing) but it is a lot of fun. That acrobat show looks cool!

Tiffany Hales said...

I LOVE the Western Idaho Fair, wonderful, wonderful childhood memories! How great to be able to take your kids! And have fun to boot.