Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Count Your Blessings

With Thanksgiving a day away, I've been thinking about my many blessings and the people that I'm most thankful for... my family.

I am thankful for Jason, my wonderful husband. He's kind, loving, understanding and likes to watch "chick flicks" with me. He's thoughtful and is always thinking of ways to surprise me or make me happy. He believes that Heavenly Father wanted us to be together and "doesn't plan on going anywhere". He's just right for me and I'm glad that we are eternal companions!

I am thankful for 4 great kids:


I am thankful for Rylee because she is honest, reliable, helpful and makes good choices. I appreciate her willing spirit and good example to our family. I know when I am out of the house, everything is going to be ok and that she's got things under control. She's been a sweet, scheduled kiddo from the start and I love her!









I am thankful for Taylee because she is tender-hearted, creative, sweet and dramatic. I appreciate when she's extra kind to her siblings and when she surprises me with her deep understanding of eternal truths. I have been head-over-heals for her cuteness from birth!

I am thankful for Treyson because he is thoughtful, helpful, energetic and persistant. I appreciate when he's joyful. We used to keep him up late at night, just to play with him. He's made us laugh from the beginning. He was such a cute bouncing baby boy butterball!






I am thankful for Abree because she is sweet, observant, detail-oriented and my buddy. I appreciate her smart brain and am amazed when she talks to me about "older than 4 year old" things. She's generally easy to be around and goes-with-the-flow. I've been in love with her from day one!




Have a great day tomorrow and count your blessings!
(These pictures are of some of the new Thanksgiving decorations, I purchased at Real Deals, way back in September. I love them.)

6 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

What a sweet post Alisha! I love Thanksgiving. I wish it happened more than once a year. I think it would do the world some good to be honest!! It's nice to have a special day just to think about the great blessings, especially family!

Happy Gobble Day!

Lora Dawn said...

beautiful tributes to your family members - - - you are a great bunch

Mandee & Brandy said...

Alisha, I just wanted you to know that I got my package today and I LOVE all of it. So much fun and so cute!! I have a feeling if you were in Utah, we'd be friends girlie! I'm a coupon clipping, Twilight loving, crafty girl too. Your awesome! Thanks for the fun stuff!! I posted it on our blog! Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving!

Brandy

Mandy said...

That was so thoughtful. Do your kids get on and read this. You do have a wonderful husband he takes such good care of you. I knew all that stuff was from Real Deals. I love that place.

Mamma Meg said...

Liar. That's right, I'm calling you out.

Ok fine. That was so sweet, maybe someday I will think nice things about my kids too. :)

Oh, and since I live in the boonies, I expect some Real Deals stuff for Christmas...

Which reminds me...remember the Oreos? I still owe you a bag don't I? That seems like a decade ago.

Mamma Meg said...

Ahhh! You remembered my prayer story! i just told it in a talk I gave last week.