We saw Edward, at "Edwards".
Yep, we braved the opening night crowds to go see, "Twilight". Candice purchased our tickets early and we made a plan to show up at 5:00p for our 7:30p show. We planned snacks, chairs, warm clothes and blankets, anticipating having to wait outside in line to get in.
Me, Karen, Mom and Candice
We gathered around 5:00p, but never saw anyone lining up outside, so we hung out in Candice's van to stay warm. We talked and snacked and talked some more. We saw a lot of people pass by, but never a line. Finally, around 6:30p, we decided to go in.
Wow, that's where the line was!
There were hundreds of people in line to see this highly anticipated movie (in several different theaters).
Here's where we should have been standing (in the front of the line), but were naive about the opening night particulars.
Wow, that's where the line was!
Here's where we should have been standing (in the front of the line), but were naive about the opening night particulars.
All was well, and we made it into our theater and even found good seats all together. The movie was good. I had low expectations (because how could the movie be as good as the book?). I wasn't disappointed. I'm looking forward to the next one, if there is a next one...oh, I hope there's a next one. I do think some of the enjoyment of the movie, came from reading the book. Someone who hadn't read the book could still enjoy, but wouldn't notice or catch some of the subtleties, like facial expressions that go with thought.
One of my favorite parts was the audience. There were screams and squeals, clapping and cat calls. Don't know if I've ever been to a movie with so much audience involvement.
After the movie, we weren't ready to go home. Our first plan was to go somewhere, but we ended up back in Candice's van and just hung out and talked until past midnight. Lot's of good quality chatting and "me time" for all of us. Thanks girls. That was a lot of fun.
5 comments:
Loved it! Had so much fun with you! Let's do that again soon!
I agree - it was so fun to get out with you guys!
I wish I was there to go with you! I just saw it last night and loved it...I too was ready for it to stink, but they did great!
How fun. I am impressed you braved the crowds. Opening nights are the funnest because there is so much energy. I'm going to make Jared go with me. He so doesn't want to go because of all the questions I asked him while readingi the books.
what fun to be with some of my girls. now we "know how" to do the crowd - - - we are ready for another outing!
Post a Comment