Taylee entered a drawing into "Reflections", a nation-wide art contest, through school. The theme was "WOW!". Children had to interpret what this meant to them, in their chosen art medium; visual arts, photography or language arts. Since the ages ranged from pre-school to 5th grade they focused a lot on the interpretation and explanation of the theme.
Taylee won the "Award of Excellence" in her category (Visual Arts, 3rd-5th grade).
Here's her entry. Notice all the detail. You can't tell in this picture, but there are 3, 3-D elements in the drawing; the present the boy is opening, the hamster cage and one of the WOW pictures on the wall.

She got a medal, a certificate and a ribbon. Her entry will now move onto the "Regionals". Don't know how far this will go, but we're so proud of her and think she has a bright future as a budding artist.

Here are all the young artists. Out of 80 school entries, these were the 16 chosen to receive an "Honorable Mention" or "Award of "Excellence". The youngest artist was in pre-school and actually won the "Award of Excellence" in his category! (Taylee is in the back, middle section.)
Way to go Taylee! We're so proud of you!
7 comments:
Congrats Taylee!! That is so exciting. The drawing is awesome, good job!
Josh won for photography and is entered into the "regionals" also. They are suppose to find out this month what happens for that, so we'll see:) Josh only got a medal though, not a cool award and ribbon!! He would have been stoked about THAT!!
Taylee, I am excited that you took a challenge and entered the contest. I love studying all the ideas you put in your picture. It looks like a fun room to visit.
Congratulations, artist girl!
I love you. Grandma
Way to go Taylee. I think it is a very brave thing to enter a contest. I love your picture. I really admire your gift as an artist. We love you Taylee!
WOW! :) That is so awesome! Way to go and good luck at Regionals!
How fun! Congrats Taylee!
Congratulations Taylee! With a father that is an artist, and a very creative mother you would have to have a talented artist in the family
Wow! What a gifted girl! That looks fun.
Post a Comment