Cousins coming over equals party, right? That's what my kids think.
Friday, we had some Waite cousins come over, while their parents were at the BSU Bronco game. I don't know all the details or how it all came about, but Rylee and Taylee started scheming about having a party. The theme of the party was the North Pole, a.k.a. "Winter Wonderland". The girls did such a good job and had LOTS of fun activities and games planned.
Welcome to. . .

The North Pole a.k.a. "Winter Wonderland".

Brrrrr... it's cold in here!

Each kid took a turn sitting in "Santa's chair". I'm not sure that Santa came, but his chair was there.

One of the first activities planned was watching "Polar Express". Well atleast intermittently, between other activities.


Here's the "fireplace" (toybox). Notice the raging flames (they put a light inside the toybox for effect) and the stockings that were "hung with care". The movie is also being played here.

They played, "Put the Ornament on the Christmas Tree", kind of a like, "Pin the Tail on the Donkey".

Abree and Lizzy had a blast crawling in and out of the tunnel parts. We would play like they were in a garbage can or as Lizzy says it, "gar-bee can". Sometimes she would even tell me, "I'm Oscar"...as in Oscar the Grouch.

Here's an action shot of the "snowball fight" (wadded up pieces of paper). I got some video of this, but am not techie enough to get it posted on here.. or maybe it's my computer not being nice again.

Other activities included; musical icebergs, Fruit Loop necklace creations, letters to Santa, a Jingle Bell Hop (with lots of crazy dance moves) and of course, cookies for refreshment. The organizers (Rylee & Taylee) called themselves "Sugar Plum Fairies".

Rylee- Sugar Plum Fairy #1

Taylee- Sugar Plum Fairy #2

Treyson

Micaela

Lizzy

Abree- Sugar Plum Fairy wanna-be

Jackson

I think the "cold" has gone to their heads!
I was amazed at all the details put into planning this improv event. The girls did such a great job and everyone was entertained for hours. What a fun time.
6 comments:
Oh my goodness...how cute! This just makes me want to love by more cousins. Your girls are so creative! What a great idea and an even better memory!
Wow, how very creative. It looks like your girls take after you!
Impressive - - - Ah hah-- job skills as future corporate event planners, their pwn kiddo's b-day parties or as RS presidents!
Or for Jana's family weddings.
:o)
Man I wish we lived closer. This is what I remember about you- FUN and CREATIVE. It looks like your girls have a talent for it as well. Miss you Alisha!
My kids had a blast! Your girls are amazing! I love the pictures you took. I'm glad I could catch a glimpse of what I missed out on.
OK ~ Go to Layout; now find the page element "My Blog List" and click the little edit at the bottom right of that box; now it should be the second line that says "sort." Choose "most recently updated." Voila! Now I don't know why, but on my list, your blog does not move up when you post. It stays at the bottom, so I have to remember to check it regularly. The only thing I can see is that your's is the only private blog I have, so if you have some of those then see if that's the case and then just remember to check them. Hope that helps.
Hey! You got your 3 columns! Good job!
Post a Comment