Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cute & Easy Gifts

Here are some cute & easy gifts I've made...

First, are these key chains. They are made out of ribbon (of your choice), a split key ring and a "D" ring. They are kind of addictive. Once you start, you see so many possibilities it's hard to stop. The only thing that stopped me is that I have to get-out and put-away my sewing machine each time. What a pain. I need to remedy that!
Here's where I got the original idea from: http://creativelittledaisy.typepad.com/creative_little_daisy/2006/02/super_easy_keyc.html
I didn't follow the directions word-for-word, but they gave me a good start.


Next, is this Post-it note holder. It's made with scrapbook paper, embellishments/stickers (of your choice), and an acrylic 4x6 picture frame. I made 4 or 5 of these and none of them where alike. Mine are again much different than the original idea. Let your creativity be your guide. :o)
You can put next to the phone or on your desk. Who doesn't need a Post-it note every once in a while? ---I wish I would have taken a picture of the others I did, so you could see the variety and versatility. Oh well.
Here's where I got the original idea from:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/acrylicpostitnoteholder.php
I think these would make good visiting teaching gifts, teacher gifts, neighbor gifts or a gift for a person who as ALMOST everything. They are quick, easy and not bad on the budget. Let me know if you make some. I'd love to see the "fruits of you labors". Good luck.

6 comments:

Martha said...

Cute! I'll have to keep these in mind....!

Teresa said...

You are so creative. I love all your ideas.

KarenWaite said...

Those turned out so cute! I still have my bag full of key rings that I've done nothing with. :) Good job!

marianne said...

You are way too creative. I especially love the leopard key chain!

Arianne said...

really cute! Yes we definitely need to do craft night at the reunion, I'm not sure who's in charge of the whole thing, I guess all the sisters. Cards are always fun, we could have everyone who's interested bring a design and supplies to make it. I like all the crafty things you do, any of them would be fun!

Tiffany Hales said...

If you and I lived closer, it would be a BAD deal, I am afraid our craftiness would feed off each other and we might not accomplish anything else....Yes at the Ison reunion I would love to do a craft activity, I have a couple of ideas, so lets talk sometime.