Saturday, January 3, 2009

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

We celebrated Christmas with my dad, on New Year's Eve. Everyone came over to our house to hang out, open presents, snack and play games. Of course we did a little decorating for the occasion.
I had taken down the Christmas tree, so instead we had a Christmas corner. Here's all the gifts from Grandpa.
Yum, snacks and treats.
Dirt cake, courtesy of Jackson and Candice. We also had cute little chocolate covered cherry mice by Micalea.
The kids watched a movie, while the adults played "Apples to Apples" and "Imagine If". There was some smack talking and a bit of competitiveness, but I think we all were still friends, by the end of the night.
Not only did we have local family over, Nate and Cathy's family came (from Ogden)for a surprise, last-minute visit. They were able to celebrate New Year's with us and even hang out for a few more days. We were so excited that they could come!
Mom, look what I got!
Five minutes till 12 midnight, I passed out party hats and horns and we ran upstairs to watch the ball drop.



Happy New Year!





Catie Jo




Grandpa Waite









Happy New Year?
Audrey didn't like the party horns.












Here's Lizzy with her "treat face".
I caught Dean and Candice in a New Year's kiss.
I think this is going to be a great year.
Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Candice said...

Nice shot! I don't see those kind of pictures very often!

Yes, a great year. Has to be....

Jilene said...

looks like fun. you are very crafty. where do you get your ideas?

Mamma Meg said...

This makes me wish I had done something fun for New Years, you know, like not going to bed at 9.

I think that the paint can/zoo idea is about the best I have heard. I would LOVE to get that as a gift.

Arianne said...

Looks like fun, happy new year!