Since my early childhood, the "Holiday Inn" has been a part of my life. I've been there on a "family vacation" when my mom was too close to her due date (Tawnya), to go very far from home. I've been there for birthday parities. I once went there for some type of conference. And again to some type of toy or book sale. When my parents separated, my brothers and sisters and I would go there to celebrate Christmas with my dad.
It's become an annual tradition to go to the "Holiday Inn". We mostly go at Christmas time, but there has been an occassion or two, when we've been there for New Year's Eve. This year, with finances being tight, we didn't make it there for Christmas OR New Years.
Luckily, Josh & Tawnya got a great deal from Craigslist. They purchased a room, for one night, for $25. They invited all of us to come have pizza, hang out and swim. Our kids were so excited. This annual trip to the "Holiday Inn" now includes them and they look forward to it every year.
Katelyn giving Kyrick a ride.
Abree
Pizza and goodies shared by all.
Treyson shows me how he can jump off grandpa's shoulders and dive in.
Rylee
Micalea
Audrey
Taylee
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Holiday Inn Tradition
Thanks Josh and Tawnya!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That looks like so much fun! I wish our family had a tradition like that!
Hooray for Craig's List! Why don't I see you in the swimming pool? Are you not using that bikini I bought you? If not, then I want it back. I have some stuff the needs showing off!
So much fun....Good job taking so many fun pictures!
How fun. Josh would be in heaven. Ever since we stayed in hotels driving up to Idaho he asks when we can do it again. I'm just not up for it yet with tiny, tiny little ones. I don't get enough sleep the way it is:)
Post a Comment