Yesterday, we invited family over to celebrate Treyson's birthday.
He also received a few things from us including; Bakugans, diving rings, cool collapsable ball/frisbee thingy, a DS game, a Sunday suit (we jokingly call it his "birthday suit") and a set of scriptures (an 8 year old/baptism tradition in our home).
Side note: Scriptures are SO expensive! For Rylee's 8th birthday, I was able to purchase a set of scriptures at a discount, because they had previously been name engraved. (They removed the previous name as best they could and then engraved Rylee's name over the top. You can barely tell.) For Taylee, I wasn't as lucky. For Treyson, I know this sounds silly, but I said a little prayer asking that I could again find a discounted set of scriptures. I looked and looked for several months. A day before his birthday, I went to Deseret Book, and there they were, a set of scriptures (previously engraved) for 50% off! I was so excited. They were a different size than I was originally looking for, but I was grateful to find them, whatever size. When I checked out, the cashier told me that she had marked the scriptures down and thought they would go fast. She said that A LOT of people had looked at them, but no one purchased, until today. I told her it was because they were waiting for me... an answered prayer, a small miracle. I belive in miracles. Do you?
2 comments:
That fruit pizza was probably the best I have ever had. I am glad there was some left by the time I got there. Did Treyson get any reapeated botugons, or what ever they are called??
YUUUUMMMM!!
Post a Comment