Sunday, September 6, 2009

Run Like the Wind!

Rylee's part of the Heritage Cross Country team, this year.
Allie, Rylee, Lessa & Laura.
They had their first meet this week. Cross country is quite a bit different than track... one race and it's over. They run 1 1/2 miles, "cross country", like not on the track the whole time (duh!). Some school's even have hills and berms they might have to race over.
It was a very HOT day. I was proud of ALL of them (even the opposing team) for running in that type of heat. Yuck!
In the first half of the race Rylee was consistantly in the 4th to 6th place (out of about 50 girls). Then towards the end the heat got the best of her and she dropped back a little.

Her final placement was 12th.
Way to go Rylee!

"Where's my water bottle?! I need water!"

Rylee, you amaze me and impress me with your "go for it" attitude. Good job.

5 comments:

Lora Dawn said...

Hurrah Rylee!

The next generation of racing gazelle.

I am proud of your hard work.

KarenWaite said...

Great job Rylee!! I thought I saw some cross country kids running through our neighborhood last week. I wonder if she was one of them?

Smullin Family said...

Yep, I bet it was. She told me she ran over there last week... or was it the week before? Anyway, she was over there some time. :)

Mamma Meg said...

Wow! 12th out of 50 is great. Oh and no kidding, I totally got winded carrying little B to bed tonight. Sheesh.

Melanie said...

Woo! Go Rylee, go!

And, I tagged you. Check out my blog if you're interested. :)