***This post is over due. I should have posted this several weeks ago. ***
I had BIG plans for us.... plans of crafting and making gifts 24/7... or at least most of the hours of the day.
My good friend Krissi (from Post Falls, Id) came to visit the first week in December and got to stay for a WHOLE week! ---We take turns going to see one another. We usually get to see each other about twice a year. Once at her house, once at mine. Such a fun, special treat our husband's and families are so sweet to endure.
We shopped a little, decorated a 13 year old's locker and bedroom, tried to go to lunch at "The Melting Pot" (but ended up going to dinner, when they were actually open), attended a family Christmas party, made yummy Christmas treat pretzels (of 2 varieties), taught pre-school, babysat, read a little, played a lot, relaxed, visited and actually DID get around to making a few Christmas gifts. ---Krissi took home 30+ cute bookmarks for teacher/friend/neighbor -type gifts!
After the carmel started to set, we cut it in strips, then took the carmel and wrapped it around a pretzel. Next we dipped it in chocolate, then drizzled white chocolate on top for decoration.
Arrange the pretzels on a cookie sheet, plop a Hershey kiss in the middle of each one, put in a 200 degree oven for approximately 5-7 minutes, then take them out and press an M&M into the top of the kiss. Let cool.
Voila! A wonderful combination of salty and sweet. It's hard to eat just one. If you start, it's very hard to stop.... not that I would know. :)
Verdict: Second pretzel treat takes WAY less time/effort to make, almost equally yummy.
During the week, I felt that I wasn't being "productive" enough... that we weren't accomplishing what we set out to do. Now as I look back on the week, I see it differently..... many things accomplished, lots of fun had and many memories made.
Thanks for a wonderful week Krissi! And thank you Steve and Goodmansen Family for letting me take your wife and mommy for a week.
3 comments:
I'm just sayin' - - - cattail pretzels = yummy
I tasted those pretzels, and I agree with your mom, YUMMY!!!
Also just saw the post you put on my mom's birthday, soooo sweet, I have one of those purses too! I can't believe you still have it and knew it was her birthday. My dad called me on her birthday, and it was the last phone conversation we had....
I have made those pretzels every year too - lots of work! But my neighbor brough us some of the little pretzels and made them with Rolo's, so it was the very same thing, with the caramel and chocolate - and WAY easier!!
Post a Comment