March 2nd is Dr. Seuss's birthday, so as a pre-school, we decided to celebrate it..... a little later.

We colored, cut and stapled "Cat in the Hat" hats.


Andi, Abree, Skylar & Emylie (missed you Audrey).

Instead of doing our normal "circle time", I gave the girls lots of blankets and pillows and told them to get comfy. Then we read lots and lots of Dr. Seuss books.
Next, we played a rhyming game. They did pretty well, but sometimes they would get mixed up with the first letter sound for a rhyming sound.
"Snake and sock do not rhyme, but they do have the same beginning sound."

We talked about all the unusual creatures and backgrounds in Dr. Seuss' books.

Then each girl created their own crazy creature using a variety of supplies.

I believe this crazy creature's name was cupcake.

This was my version of the Dr. Seuss' truffula tree.... a yummy snack.

The girls LOVED the cotton candy and pixie sticks.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dr. Seuss!
1 comment:
Amazing as usual! I can't believe how big Emylie is!
Post a Comment